'This is Housing' is a website attracting talent, sharing stories, success and showcasing the work across the housing sector in Wales.
Over 11,000 people work in the sector, with more than 4,000 of those employed on a part time basis. 23,000 full time roles are supported in the wider economy because of their work.
There are over 200 different types of jobs across a range of different roles, ranging from working in construction to web design. 65% of people who work for housing associations in Wales say the best part of the job is being able to make a difference!
In addition to making a positive difference to people’s lives, housing associations provide a number of benefits, including:
- flexible working arrangements (78% of the sector offer this)
- training and development opportunities (£535 Average spend per FTE employee)
- enhanced holiday, maternity and sickness benefits
- company cars (offered by 70% of the sector)
- additional pension contributions (provided by over 62% of the sector)
30% of the sector have attained the Investors in People award.